The Pretty file links WordPress plugin makes your links to files look great without you having to do any work. It’s designed to be easy to use (you basically have to do nothing), and even comes with built in styles for different set ups.
Using Pretty File Links
- Click the Upload/Insert media option like normal
- Choose your file to upload as normal. When you get to the option to insert into your post or page choose Yes for the Make pretty link option.
- A special shortcode will be entered into your content. That’s it you’re done. Save your post/page and take a look at you new Pretty file link.
Changing your style
Pretty File Links is simple to use so it has almost nothing that you need to change. The one exception to this is the link style. To change this do the following:
- Go to Settings –> Pretty file links.
- Choose your preferred style from the drop down menu. The previews should update automatically so you can pick the correct style. Don’t worry no changes are made to the front-end until you click save.
- Once done. Click Save.
File types Pretty File Links supports
Pretty file types currently supports:
- Word documents
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Powerpoint Presentations
- PDF files
- Zip files.
ExamplesTest word document list An example of an Excel Spreadsheet list. A zip file example. A powerpoint styled pretty link.
Download and install via the WordPress installer or ftp.Download Pretty File Links 0.3 now
Rather than ask for donations towards this project I’m asking for you to buy the additional Styles Pack for just $3 – this gives you 11 extra styles for Pretty File Links, and gives me an incentive to keep developing. It’s win win!
Give me your feedback
This is the first WordPress plugin that I have released, so any feedback, feature requests, bugs etc. would be gratefully received. Even if it’s just additional file types you want added or a note to say you’re using it please get in touch.
- Alternate selectable icon sets.
- More file types.
- Hide Pretty File Link option for unsupported types.